The Faculty and Staff Grievance Redressal Committee has been re-constituted for the A.Y. 2021-22 (1st July 2021 to 30th June 2022) for Suryadatta Group of Institutes as follows.
- To formulate the policy to investigate and review complaints or grievances of faculties and staff.
- To create awareness of availability of members for faculties and staff to report grievances.
- To investigate the cause of grievances.
- To suggest effectual solution depending upon the gravity of the grievance
- All the grievances of the faculty and staff which could not be settled in the routine process should be referred to this committee.
- The Committee tries to settle the issues amicably in a time bound manner.
- Introduces a reasonable and reliable solution for grievances of various issues received
- Ensures that the grievances are resolved on time impartially and confidentially.
- The Grievance Redressal Committee shall not consider any grievance of general applicability or of collective nature of raised collectively by more than one employee.
- After receiving any application, the Committee will decide on the merit of the case regarding scope of further discussion.
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
|Designation / Name of the person||Position in the Committee|
|Clinical Psychologist / Officer||Member|
|Chief Medical officer||Member|
|Executive HR||Member Secretary|
PROCEDURE, PERIODICITY AND ATTENDANCE AT MEETINGS:
- The Grievance Committee will meet as and when required. However, if necessary, it may meet more frequently at the instance of the Chairperson or at the request of the other members to discuss the various issues received.
- At least three members (out of five) of the Grievance Committee shall be present in a meeting.
- If a member of the Grievance Committee is connected with the grievance of the aggrieved individual, the concerned member of the Grievance Committee shall not participate in the deliberations regarding that individual's case.
- If the aggrieved person happens to be a member of the Grievance Committee, then he/she shall not participate in the deliberations as a member of the Committee when his/her representation is being considered.
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
- The Grievance Redressal Committee shall consider all grievances submitted in writing by an individual faculty or staff member of the Suryadatta Group of Institutes regarding employment/ association, working conditions and any other alleged injustice done to an employee while discharging his/her duties at the Institutes.
- The Grievance Redressal Committee shall study the application and after looking into the relevant documents discuss with those concerned and submit its recommendations and report to the Chairman (Suryadatta Group of Institutes) as expeditiously as possible, preferably within three months of the date of application. In case the matter calls for higher time, the committee shall try to resolve all matters before six months from the date of the application.
- The final settlement of any grievance shall be made within a reasonable period (normally not exceeding one month) after the recommendations are submitted to the Chairman (Suryadatta Group of Institutes by the Grievance Redressal Committee.
PROCEDURE OF SUBMITTING GRIEVANCE
- The aggrieved member shall submit his/her application to the Chairperson of the Grievance Redressal Committee in a sealed envelope marked "confidential".
- In case of false and frivolous complaint (if proved), the Grievance Redressal Committee will recommend Director/ Disciplinary Authority to take appropriate action against the complainant.